Saturday, June 27, 2009

After taking care of the kids, one by one sick (flu, fever, cough and lost of appetite - signs and symptoms looks like H1N1) :-(. Felt tired and long time never update my blog already.

During attending Dr. Sue Jenning course last year, I was told that there will be a course coming up soon. I decided I would attend this course. When BOLD send email to me regarding this course, I just signed up without knowing what it is. I did not prepared myself when I walked in. I felt so lost when Alex asked us to form questions, and my english was very poor, being a chinese ed-student, and that made me scared to say/write out things. But anyhow, in the end of the e-learning full module, in order to seek for my answers I need to trouble them and I discovered that they are so considerate, they taught me alot of things and also gave me alot of compliments too.

I learned how to:
SKYPE - to online conferencing, send attached file, chat etc
GMail - to do usual emailing
GMail Doc - to do slideshare, doc sharing, presentation and etc.
GMail Calendar - to create event, so that my set-member will know whether we are available.
GSearch - to search for unknown, search and download software.
Wikispaces - allows discussion, get members opinions, idea and also info.
Blogspot - blog tool from google to input my thoughts, info learned, my journal of learning, for my added members to read and it have many gadgets.
Audacity - to record, edit and download my audio into Internet
Archive - to store audio, text, images, picture in the site.
Pando - for people to download large files and we are using it to download audio of online discussion and tutorial
Elgg - is a platform for us to do group discussion, input thread and etc.
Youtube - do upload/download video.
Slideshare - to do slideshare, doc sharing, presentation and etc.

3 comments:

Jo said...

So sorry to hear about your kids. Hope everyone's alright now. No worries about your language. Remember what our SIFU told us, it's the content that matters, not the perfect grammar. Great summation of everything that we have learnt.

Art of Bounce CCAT Melinda said...

Hei, didn't know you have english problem, I thought me worst, a 1st year Malay medium student. I suffered I am neither good in english nor malay, and do you know what after 40 years the educ. dept. changed again, and this time so coincidentally my daughter suffered, she finished SPM(malay) and started form six(english), she was so lost in the lower six but she had overcomed it, so far.

Alex Chew said...

Seok Bin, you did very well so I am not sure why you underestimate yourself and think of yourself poorly. I have always found Lao Tze words meaningful when he says "Those who speak do not know, those who know do not speak" other the English says something like "Empty vassals makes the loudest noise" I take this to mean to trust the quiet knowing and wisdom that comes from a place of clarity and stillness rather than the sound generated through our mouths by the anxiety of a restless and agitated mind worrying about what others may think and say.